Constitution and By-
Name: This organisation shall be called Oxfordshire Filipino Association
Domicile: The organisation shall have for its address where the incumbent President or Secretary resides.
- To provide a means whereby Filipinos and friends in Oxfordshire and elsewhere can socialize.
- To provide Filipinos and friends an avenue to express their common concerns.
- To provide a means of transmitting Filipino cultural values to first and subsequent generations of Filipinos in Oxfordshire.
- To establish harmonious relations with the international community.
- To promote harmonious relationship among the members.
- To foster respect for autonomy, individuality and privacy among members.
- Vice President
- Press Relation Officer
- Website Coordinator
- Election shall be held during the month of May.
- Only paid up members can nominate and be nominated.
- A paid up member can self nominate.
- When an elected officer resigns or is unable to carry out the duties of the office to which he/she was elected before the end of her/his term of office, the membership shall decide whether to elect a replacement or wait till the term expires.
Tenure of Office:
Every officer elected shall serve for a year or until such time when a replacement is elected or qualifies.
Duties of officers:
o To preside over regular, special or officers’ meetings.
o To represent the Association when so required.
o To sign for and on behalf of the association.
o To create committees and appoint members to carry out special functions.
o To take over the duties of the President when he/she is unable to carry out the duties of the presidency due to illness, physical absence or resignation.
o To take the minutes of the meetings of the Associations.
o To send and receive communications for and on behalf of the Association.
o To keep a record of the members of the Association.
o To maintain an account in a bank designated by the Association.
o To issue or receive payments for and on behalf of the Association.
o To receive payments for dues agreed upon by the Association.
o To maintain an inventory of the properties of the Association and provide safe-
o To hand in the list of inventory to the newly elected treasurer upon election.
o To render periodic written reports to the general membership about the Association’s financial status.
o To ensure that payments made for and on behalf of the Association by the treasurer are covered by official receipts.
o To ensure that financial reports rendered on paper reflect the true status of the Association’s financial standing.
Press Relation Officers
o To advertise future events of the Association in the media.
o To provide press releases about activities undertaken by the Association.
o To maintain a website for and on behalf of the Association for the benefit of the members, friends and supporters.
o To enable those interested locally and elsewhere to know about the Association.
This Constitution and By-
The Constitution and By-